This is a guest post by Rebecca Temsen on how to attract what you want in life:
Whether you have read “The Secret” by Rhonda Byrne or you have heard friends speak about the Law of Attraction, you may be wondering how you can really attract what you want in life.
Could something as simple as “believing in something” or “knowing it will happen” make our lives better?
It may seem like a tall-tale, but the law of attraction may actually work.
Here are some practical and easy-to-understand ways in which the law of attraction works:
- What is it that you want? Take a step in that direction. For the law of attraction to work, you have to understand what it is that you want. You have to determine the outcome that you most desire and then you have to take a step in that direction. For example, you would like to get a job that is both fulfilling and that pays well. While you can focus on it happening all you want, to see results, you will need to take some physical steps. Work on your CV, write potential employers, and take a step towards fulfilling that desire.
- Focus on the positives in your life. It’s hard to get what you want when you are focused on what you don’t have. When you focus on all the good that you already have, the universe, life, and even the people around you will be more apt to give you what you want. Visualizing positive results and the good things in your life is key to achieving your desired goals.
- Don’t focus on your fears. Often, when we really want something, it’s easy to get focused on the what if’s. We think about our fears of what could go wrong or the negative outcomes that could happen as a result of going for what you want. Exercising your fear hinders the law of attraction, as you are spending more time thinking about what you don’t want to happen or get than you are about what you want. In fact, focusing on what you don’t want makes that more likely to take place – the Law of Attraction works for both positive and negative outcomes.
- Visualize the outcome that you want. In conjunction with this, think about the outcome you want, but don’t just think, “Oh, that would be nice if it happened.” Instead visualize how your life will be once you achieve what you want or need. Start living and feeling like you already have the desired outcome.
- Read and watch positive books and films. It can be difficult to stay positive during tough times or when you really want something to happen. It always helps to fill your mind up with positive thoughts. This can be done through a variety of means. Whether you spend some time reading books that inspire positive living and thinking or you watch talks that motivate you, imbibing in the positive will help you to feel more positive and essentially attract desired results.
- Live a healthy lifestyle. Being healthy is underrated when it comes to positive living, but it is an important part. When you show your body you care, you are telling the universe that you care about yourself. Someone who cares about themselves tends to have a better perspective and outlook on life which is key to attracting what you want.
- Write down your expectations. We can talk or think about what we want, but to make it concrete, we should write down our expectations. For example, you may feel like you want a great job or would really like to meet the love of your life, but these thoughts tend to be passing. Writing down your expectations makes it a clear declaration and will help you to believe that it will happen.
How do you know if it is working?
How do you know if its working for you? Following are some ways that the law of attraction manifests itself:
- Have you been focusing on the positive outcome and are things working out? Sometimes we really need things to happen and we know that they have to. It’s happened to me where I needed a certain amount of money by a specific time and somehow it has arrived on time, even if it wasn’t supposed to. Or maybe you want a life partner and someone perfect appears. This type of thing often happens when I am determined that the positive outcome is going to happen.
- Do you feel calmer about the situation? When we take the steps needed for the law of attraction to work, we end up feeling calmer and better about life. This is a sure sign that what you want is on its way. The only way for the law of attraction to work is to feel confident about the results; this, of course, helps you to feel more peace about the situation.
- You feel more positive and less irritable. A big part of the law of attraction is that you will find yourself feeling better about life. Things that used to bother you before are now less important and you have more energy to work towards your goals.
The law of attraction is more than just an idea that good things can happen if you are a positive person. It’s a change in the way you think and look at your life. When we focus on our fears, it’s more difficult to be open to positive changes. Using the law of attraction helps to bring peace, answers, and solutions to your life. So how would you use the law of attraction in your life?
Rebecca Temsen is an author, entrepreneur and, most of all, a wife and mother of two. What she enjoys most is helping normal people reach their full potential. Rebecca uses her ever growing skills in writing to inspire people and not settle for a normal life. As an entrepreneur, she has no shortage of failures and that is why Rebecca is the ideal person to talk about this. https://www.selfdevelopmentsecrets.com https://www.facebook.com/selfdevelopmentsecrets