Holiday Shopping? Done!
Giving gifts on holidays and special occasions is a lovely tradition. But holiday shopping can be stressful, and not even safe if we go into stores in 2020.
Rather than give more stuff that people don’t really need, I love to give experiences, such as books and courses.
The Christmas Book Flood
There’s a lovely tradition in Iceland where the best Christmas gift is considered a book! It’s traditional to exchange books on Christmas Eve and spend the night reading them!
Iceland publishes more books per capita than any other country in the world, and most sales take place between September and December, in preparation for Christmas gift-giving.
The name of this Icelandic tradition is Jolabokaflod, meaning “The Christmas Book Flood.”
Books inform, delight, educate and inspire. I can’t think of a better gift! I love books, and read voraciously. In fact, I can’t fall asleep at night without doing some reading.
Books that make wonderful gifts
For inspiration: The Wind Is My Mother; The Life and Teachings of a Native American Shaman, which I co-authored with Bear Heart. Originally published in 1996, and translated into 12 languages, it is still in print, making it a best-seller. There’s a reason for that:
Over the years both Bear Heart and I have received letters and e-mails from people far and wide expressing how much The Wind Is My Mother has inspired them and thanking us for writing it.
- Some said it gave them the sense of purpose, direction or inspiration they had been seeking for years.
- A trial lawyer told me it made him rethink his career and how he conducted it.
- Many said it was their favorite book after the Bible.
- I heard stories of people taking the book into the operating room when they had surgery so its good energy would help their healing.
- Another reader told me she keeps it by her bedside and when she has a question, opens it at random to find meaningful guidance.
There’s no better gift!
Or, give the gift of health; For friends and family interested in health and stress reduction, choose The Fountain of Youth Is Just A Breath Away; Breathing Exercises for Relaxation, Health and Vitality. Among the 5-star reviews on Amazon, here is what readers have said:
“Makes a complicated subject simple, clear and inspiring … a real treasure.”
“This short, concise book can bring lovely changes to everyday life.”
“Mind blowing… I feel better already.”
“A must read.”
“Effective, informative, practical, motivating, easy-to-read.”
“We’ve ordered multiple copies for our yoga studio.”
“Wonderful book….a treasure.”
Does a loved now want to learn to meditate? Meditations on the Natural World; A Guided Journal to Find the Technique That’s Right for You can start someone on the path to meditation. Again, 5 star ratings on Amazon!
- “I’m so happy I purchased this well-designed journal. Within 2 minutes of browsing through it I found so many tips and tools to use right away!”
- “This book is a treasure!”
- “Molly Larkin hits the mark again with another informative and inspiring book!! The content in Meditations on the Natural World broadened my ideas of meditation.”
- “A wonderfully written and extremely helpful guide to beginning and sustaining a practical, self-tailored meditation practice.”
- “This book makes me feel like I CAN meditate, and make it a daily part of my ever evolving life!”
Or, there’s the online course: Meditations on the Natural World. https://mollylarkinonline.teachable.com/p/meditationsonthenaturalworld
Just like the book, it’s geared to help you find the time, create the habit and find the meditation technique that’s right for you.
- “I love the course. Molly’s voice is so calming, the graphics are fantastic and the flow of information extremely well done.” Florida student
- “Very well done!” Michigan student
- “I love this course: it’s clear and the videos are not too long.” Italy
Guided meditations have been shown to bring the body into deep relaxation and increase the natural killer cells which fight cancer. Also, listening to guided meditations helps increase your intuition!
My Ancient Journeys CD contains three guided meditations and is available as a CD as well as an MP3 download HERE. https://mollylarkin.bandcamp.com/album/ancient-journeys
“Very soothing and healing.” Amazon buyer
“Excellent self-healing CD.” Amazon buyer
“A must-have guided meditation tape.” Amazon buyer
If you want a physical CD, buy it HERE.
I hope you will consider any of these books, CDs or the course, as a holiday gift. You just can’t go wrong giving the gift of inspiration, health or meditation!
And… stay safe and happy this holiday season!
Molly Larkin is the co-author of the international best-seller “The Wind Is My Mother; The Life and Teachings of a Native American Shaman” and other books on health. She is passionate about helping people live life to their fullest potential through her classes, healing practice and blog at www.MollyLarkin.com