This is a guest post by my friend Cynthia Rosi. Because February has been such a challenge for us living here in the northern United States, I thought many of us would benefit from her wisdom:
If you can’t sleep, if your dreams are continuous and crazy, if you feel like you’ve put in a hard day’s work at night — that’s par for the course in February.
There’s something very sleepy, almost stagnant, about the lack of light in the northern hemisphere and the cold, rainy, snowy weather. But under the surface it’s all churned up. As the subconscious cleanses itself, up come the old hurts and regrets and confusing emotions.
Don’t worry! The world turns and the flowers of March and April will soon arrive, and with it the renewal energy of spring. Here are a few tips to deal with February’s energy until it passes.
1. Take out the trash. That’s what your subconscious is trying to do, so help it out on the conscious level. Give one room, or one car, a thorough cleaning. Take your old stuff to Goodwill, or make a pile to sell. Get all the recycling out of the house.
2. Burn stuff. Fire brings the energy of transformation, warmth, and renewal. Burn old papers, boxes, Christmas trees.
3. Organize a single area like a pantry, glovebox, or office drawer to represent conscious clarity.
4. Paint a room that’s become dingy and dull.
5. Forgive people, or set the intention to forgive as you burn, organize, paint, and take out the trash.
How do you cope with the wild dreams and rough emotions of February? Let me know!
Cynthia Rosi’s The Light Catcher will be released from Assent in 2014. Cynthia writes mystery novels with psychic and spiritual elements. You can buy them at her website The Light Catcher Novel. Her author website is at www.cynthiarosi.com.
Cynthia accepts Friend requests at Cynthia Rosi Author on Facebook.